Re: [Spridgets] How to piss of a Ferrari Owner

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] How to piss of a Ferrari Owner
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Sun, 7/19/09, Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> owners
of other sports cars.  The difference between a
> Spridget owner and a

Ferrari owner is the means to buy the car.  A friend

Love you man, but I
gotta disagree with this on some levels. There are many, many owners of
beautiful cars who are true enthusiasts but they are not separated from us
merely by their means. First of all, the guy at the show was living the
stereotype - with TuTone as my witness, the shoes matched the car, leather
loafers with a buckle and no socks. Second of all, the Ferrari market brings
in a large status symbol contingent. Few of us, I'm sure, ever thought of our
cars as status symbols. Third, a portion of the Ferrari market is made up of
speculators, guys who treat them as investments only, and ruined it for those
of us who liked the 246 GTS a lot more before 1989. Again, it's nice that my
Bugeye has gained 2 or 3 percent a year since 1997 when I bought it, but I
don't think any of us really considered Spridgets to be blue chippers. Those
of us who did, at best made tens of cents on their investments.

My .02,
Ron