[Spridgets] 1275 building tip

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] 1275 building tip
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:12:11 -0700 (PDT)
Just dismantling a motor picked up in a recent deal, I needed the fancy
Winner's Circle pan. The motor has a crank, rods, and pistons, nothing else
(oil relief too). The pan is RTV gooped on BOTH SIDES of the gasket, and on
every screw. The engine is a big gooey mess. You don't need the pan on other
than as a cover because you can't do the lifters without the pan off.

The correct procedure is no RTV whatsoever, or a film of it on the pan side of
the gasket, NOT on the block side. If you disagree, I will someday curse you
when I take apart one of your motors.

Ron