Re: [Spridgets] Canadian System

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Canadian System
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:18:58 -0400
I'm no expert, but here's a couple of observations.  Our doctors go south
for higher incomes.  They could be the better ones ( but not necessarily ).
Your system is more expensive for the patients.  Our routine care is, for
the most part, already paid for by our taxes, so there's no financial reason
to put off routine care.  The rich people can go south where they can get
quicker care instead of waiting in line here with the rest of us.  And
there's no doubting that the US probably has more experts than in Canada.
You have a population that is 10 times greater than ours, so I would think
that all other things being equal, you should have ten times as many
experts.  Belinda Stronick (however you spell that) went to California? for
reconstructive breast surgery because they had a different procedure there
that wasn't available here, for whatever reason.  She can afford it.

So ... better care in some cases but most likely quicker care in all cases.
For some serious cases, time is of the essence.