Re: [Spridgets] pollution control equipment

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, robertduquette@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] pollution control equipment
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Wed, 8/5/09, robertduquette@sympatico.ca <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

http://www.omgc.info/wordpress/?cat=17

http://www.omgc.info/wordpress/?p=581

This is ridiculous.

So the Safety Nazis from California have been emigrating North, huh?  This all
boils down to the deluded thought that the government is better-equipped to
protect the poor, stupid public than the public is themselves.  By ensuring
that all the original erquipment is still installed and functioning, they are
also protecting the rest of the population by assuring that they are not
breathing any more noxious fumes than is necessary.  Next they'll want us all
to find and mount our bumpers...

How can you change the rules after vehicles have been exempt for years, if not
decades?  Sounds like a fight is brewing, or at least should be brewing.  You
need to find some way to get a public outcry going.  I say "you" but I should
probably be saying "we".  If it goes unrestricted anywhere, it is likely to
spread elsewhere and eventually everywhere.  Beurocrats all think alike
everywhere.

 - David