[Spridgets] U.S. Spec MGB GT V8

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [Spridgets] U.S. Spec MGB GT V8
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:16:02 -0500
Yesterday I had the opportunity to stop at University Motors.  As John Twist
was showing me around, he pointed out a U.S. spec MGB GT V8.  Honest!  A 1973
model with LHD, etc.

He related that BL sent 8 of them over to the U.S. distributor to see if they
wanted to sell them.  The distributor was also handling Jags and TRs - both
considered to be upmarket from MG - and thought the MGB V8 would upset the
pecking order and hurt Jag sales.  They declined and sent 7 of the 8 back to
Jolly Old.  This one remained here.  It is owned by a guy in Ohio.

By the way, John has lots and lots of used parts he needs to clear out, if you
need anything.  Mostly MGB and Spridget stuff.

Larry