Re: [Spridgets] Insurance

To: sales@justbrits.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Insurance
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:37:18 -0400
> <<   I'm curious about how they know you drive too much,  >>

When I got this insurance, the car was barely drivable and it was winter, so
I did not drive much and did not know how many miles I might put on it.
When I got crunched in the parking lot, I reported "getting the mail."  That
was apparently enough for them to ask again about usage.  I reported what
seemed to me to be small usage "around town."  They don't want us driving
around town, buy only to shows, meets, etc.  I think there is a cutoff
somewhere around 2500 miles.  I am currently buying one tank of gas a week,
which is about 130-150 miles, quite a bit more than 2500 miles.

That's OK with me.  The insurance is cheap enough on a $6000 car anyway.
But I do need collision because of the visibility problem.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY