Re: [Spridgets] Was: Re: Classic Motorsports Midget Project,

To: twobees@sprynet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Was: Re: Classic Motorsports Midget Project,
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:11:14 EDT
Well I can speak with experience of the alloy Pierce 5 port head - it makes
 no more power than my previous less than full race iron head, possibly
less.  My dyno go expected my engine spec to make more.

I haven't seen flow figures for the Pierce 5 port head but I've heard even
with the larger valves they are very average.

SO, WHY I AM EVEN RUNNING A PIERCE HEAD?

Simple really, it is significantly lighter than the iron head and that's
more important to me than more peak horsepower.  I don't need more peak
horsepower to make my Spirte go quicker I need improved aerodynamics on  it.

As for the MGB cross flow head well it's not a Pierce design is it?   He
simply copied the HRG Derrington crossflow head (no patent issues) and
marketed it as his.

So, I'm still not excited about a Pierce 7 port A-series head, especially
since it's not likely to be lighter solution than the Pierce 5 port head I
already head.

Weslake-Monza 1330