Re: [Spridgets] Lock Question

To: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Lock Question
From: Lee Fox <lee.fox@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:32:43 -0500
Really? Where exactly is this pin located??
I know about the pin in the door locks, but the trunk lock looks different.

Looking at it from the end opposite of where the key goes I see the
square shaft and on the shaft exactly one inch down is a "cup" and below
that is a spring and then the housing and then the handle.

It looks like the cup/spring is staked onto the square shaft. The shaft
is actually what is staked. The four corners of the shaft are distorted
and hold the cup and spring in place.

If I file the corners of the shaft smooth it looks like the whole thing
will come apart, but I didn't want to try this and make a bigger mess.

Thanks in advance.

Lee