Re: [Spridgets] Aviation piston engine question - No LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Aviation piston engine question - No LBC
From: "Robert Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:59:30 -0700
Jim Johnson wrote:  "Watched many a B52 and B47 take-off."

In October 1959, our Navy football team flew into Eglin Air Force Base for a
game.  While standing outside our R4D (DC-3), a couple of the players
wandered over to get a closer look at some B-47's parked close by.  Holy
snit, armed to the teeth security forces were all over them like flies on
feces!  Ever see three sailors in their dress blues spread-eagled on the
concrete?  Not a pretty sight.