Re: [Spridgets] wire wheels

To: Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>, Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] wire wheels
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 06:52:04 -0400
Pet Peeve Warning!!

You folks go on and on about brakes this and brakes that. Then run out and get
cheap tires and cheap tubes. Well those F@%KING brakes don't do shit if the
tires fail or slide.

It is my not so humble opinion that that contact patch is the most important
spot on the car. If you get no traction cuz you got cheap ass tires you no go
and you no stop. I don't give a rats ass how great or new your brake
lines/pads etc are, if the wheel stops turning and the tire slides and or
ruptures you are not going to stop. Period.

Buy real tires, not the cheapest ones on the TireRack.

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

One of these days, you'll look back on all this, and plow into a parked car.