Re: [Spridgets] '58 White-OEW?

To: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] '58 White-OEW?
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:14:18 -0500
Mark Haynes wrote:
> Listers- I have a question on '58 paint, mine was originally white/Red
> interior- was this OEW? I checked Spritespot color cross reference, and found
> Ivory listed for '57-'59, but OEW for '62 to '69. which was it? anyone know?

I believe OEW and ivory are as different as Iris blue and Speedwell blue.
No difference at all just a marketing tool back in the day.
63 Ford Falcon white is a darn close OEW match aka Whimbledon white.
And Rustoleum white was darn close too but my buddy's rustoleum white
Sprite is now turning multi shades of tan but it's been 8 years since he
painted it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ