Re: [Spridgets] What would it cost to rebuild this Datsun 5 spd

To: "'Paul Asgeirsson'" <PAsgeirsson@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What would it cost to rebuild this Datsun 5 spd
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@att.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 14:34:15 -0800
The kits I was getting were only missing the main/input shaft needle
bearing. The we tight people can just change the 5th gear baulk ring for the
second gear one as it seems to wear the most and it is hard to down shift
into the 5th gear one, so it gets the least wear.
                Crash

Hi All,

I suspect that there are several sheared teeth of various gears on this
sale.  Might be a good idea to get it for NO dollars or run quickly away!

If it were rebuildable, why isn't the current owner having that done?
They're worth a whole lot when working right!

Most parts are not easily available from the dealer.  Aftermarket kits have
the bearings and baulk rings in them.  The baulk rings are really lousy!
The bearings are OK, but it doesn't have all that are needed, about another
$40 or so from the dealer. Dealer baulk rings are needed,

Dealer baulk rings are about $33 each, and there are 5 of 'em!

Later, Paul A