Re: [Spridgets] Fractional Vernier Caliper

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fractional Vernier Caliper
From: Jeff Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:48:33 -0600
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM, David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, if you were x-USAF, you would have a Phillip Dalton E6B
> navigational computer (circular slide rule) in the door pocket of your
> Spridget.

I remember my dear old high school electronics instructor teaches us
kids how to use one of those back in 1981 for "historical purposes".

Most of the guys thought he was nuts for expecting us to learn to use
such antique tools but I thought it was rather cool.

I'd bet the school threw them all in the trash after they drove him to
suicide (they were forcing him into retirement and he chose to just
"quit") a couple of months before the end of my senior year.

I wish I could have kept one for myself in memory of Pete.