[Spridgets] Today's Project, TBC, no LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Today's Project, TBC, no LBC
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:41:42 -0500
A Tiny Battery Car, or glorified golf cart.
A couple down by the beach purchased a new electric car for buzzing
around the neighborhood.
It is a street legal golf cart type thing.
It was too tall to fit in their shed so she asked me if I could cut 7
inches out of the frame and lower the roof.
I looked at it and it had 1" square stock front windshield frames and 2"
pipe rear frames but it was made with compound angles and I thought I
could not do it.
That was at 1:00 pm, and at 6:00pm they drove home in a chopped top
electric car.
Now this thing is brand new and I had to take a sawzall and grinder to
it. But with the help of Doug, the welder from the Holy Sprite and lots
of measurements, we did it.
We had to spread the front frame to meet the fiberglass roof line and
bend in the rear frame to meet.
The windshield also needed to be cut down 7" and re-tapered to the new
tweaked front frame angle.
It was 1/4" Lexan and was easily cut with a jig saw.
All in all, it looks like nothing was ever done to it. The frames were
black and a bit of spray paint around the new welds made it all look
like it was done at the factory.
The windshield wiper and 3rd brake light mounted on the roof gave us a
bit of a fit trying to refish the wires up a multi bend pipe frame but
we did it.
Now my next project.... The grandson's 1950s pedal car :) We found one
today, it looks like it's 50 years old. It is a 3 wheeler with a horse
front end made by Rempel in Akron, Ohio.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ