Re: [Spridgets] What is the Crash Roll?

To: Monty Love <cmlove@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What is the Crash Roll?
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:52:27 -0500
Monty Love wrote:
> I am starting to put the car back together and the restoration manual
> says to install the crash roll before the dash, but there is not
> picture to say what the crash roll is.  I am drawing a blank here.
> Anyone know what they are talking about?
It is the 2 inch wide padded piece that runs along the inside edge of
the cowl.
Much easier to put it on before the dash.
I thought it was called a crash rail. If you crash, your head is
*supposed* to hit this thin padded part and keep your brains from
messing up your dashboard. ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ