[Spridgets] Magic Touch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Magic Touch
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:41:18 -0500
My son dropped off the 1098 (Sprite) engine that came in the back of his
Morris Minor.
This engine has been out of a car for about 40 years give or take a year
or so.
It's from a 65 Sprite that was pulled out of the car in 1970.
Anyway, it is a complete 1098 (10CC) engine with carbs, starter,
generator, and a dizzy.
I squirted some carb cleaner in the carbs, popped off the float lids and
squirted some in them, cleaned the points, bolted on the starter and
went to crank it over.
Well it fired up after about 2 revolutions. It  does have a leaky carb
bowl which I will fix tonight then fill the bowls with gas and see just
what I have.
I do NOT need another 1098 hanging around my garage, I have a few in the
coop already.
So if anybody wants a running 1098 let me know. It has a clutch too,
I'll even throw in a tranny of unknown condition.
Cheap!!!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ