Re: [Spridgets] COMPRESSION

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, David Lieb
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] COMPRESSION
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:34:39 -0800 (PST)
I believe "Pumping" an engine measures the displacement, but I can't put my
finger on that tool. The device for checking CR is called the "Whistler", from
Katech Inc. The SCCA and many oval tracks use it for tech inspection in those
classes where specifications are limited by the rules.
http://www.katechengines.com/corporate_services/whistler.php
A bit pricey for us hobbyists, but one could be borrowed for a quick check.
Know anyone doing tech inspection at your local oval track? Then again, if the
need is just to determine what grade of gasoline to use in a street car, the
engine will tell you.
John
Fogelsville, PA