Re: [Spridgets] Trunnion bolt - 2A 4028 - NEW MANUFACTURE in

To: derf247@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Trunnion bolt - 2A 4028 - NEW MANUFACTURE in
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:58:42 EST
I have to do a calculation to convert psi to N/mm2 to answer that
question.  When I do I'll post the answer.

Regards

In a message dated 23/12/2009 16:17:53 GMT Standard Time, derf247@gmail.com
 writes:

Are they  going to make any in Grade 8 carbon steel?  Is stainless
better in  that application?
Stainless is great until you mate it with carbon  steel.  Then Galvanic
action action seems to attack the junction more  than if similar steels
are used.
I'm sure you can find a grade of  stainless that will be superior but
is the extra cost worth the  gains?
Just my observations.  (I'm just  sayin.)