Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <72spridget@gmail.com>, <biffjones@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:34:41 -0500
Shades of earlier MGs, too.  That pretty much describes the "pedal" on my 1954
MG TF.

I've always thought it was a brilliant design - no floppy pedal just a wheel.

My project Midget is missing the accelerator pedal - maybe I'll just leave it
that way and install a Biff Jones wheel.

-Mike Eldred

Wilmington, VT

> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:07:14 -0600
> From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Unintended acceleration
> To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>
> > The solution I came up with after having the bugeye pedal linkage popping
> > out to many times under hard acceleration was to remove the pedal
assembly
> > including the little arm from the stock firewall rod and then installing
two
> > 1 1/2" diameter by 3/4" thick plastic wheels....
>
> Hmmm, shades of the early VW Beetles ;-) I wonder how they would feel
> with bare feet? One way to find out!
> David L

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsofts powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/