[Spridgets] Datsun Trans problem

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Datsun Trans problem
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:04:03 -0800
I have been living with the bad aftermarket synchros that Paul A used (he
sent me a correct set to replace them) during the rebuild of my Datsun
tranny since I installed it a couple of years ago.  It just kinda crunches
going into 3rd gear if the main shaft is still turning to fast.  I cannot
downshift very well either, so I have just been careful driving it until I
can pull it out for another rebuild.  Well, I am almost getting to that
point now, but another problem has shown up.  It pops out of 3rd gear under
hard acceleration or if I touch the gear shift in a backward movement.  Just
a slight touch will do it.  What causes that.  Just trying to find out what
else to look for when I take this thing down.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2