Re: [Spridgets] rear disc brake conversion

To: tr3.4.me@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] rear disc brake conversion
From: weslakemonza1330@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:55:39 EST
Your hope would be in vain because it is the seal between the hub oil seal
and the axle casing, rather than any part of the brakes, that retain the
axle  seal.  If you have a rear axle oil leak at the hub and you've changed
the  hub oil seal and still have a leak (and it's not from the O ring and
gasket) the  solution is a speedy sleeve.  I think it was one of the Larry's
from the  list that put onto the speedy sleeve.

Weslake-Monza 1330 disc drum and brakes on a penny.

tr3.4.me@gmail.com writes:

On Mon,  Jan 11, 2010 at 11:38 AM, David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Stops on a dime, gives you nine cents change....why else  DS
>
> Probably easier to change the pads,  too.

Hopefully the conversion would result in a better seal  (less prone to
leaks) at the hub/axle too.