Re: [Spridgets] Top dollar/Nice bugeye

To: "HealeyRick" <healeyrick@yahoo.com>, "Jay Fishbein"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Top dollar/Nice bugeye
From: Greg Higgins <g.h.higgins@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 22:16:23 -0500
Rick,

I have a friend who sold his 1960 stock bugeye sprite, original engine and
transmission, completely restored for $25.300 at the Hilton Head Sport and
Classic Car Auction 3 years ago. The only thing not stock on the car was the
carpet interior. He wouldn't get anything close to that in today's  economy,
prices  have flattened out.

I do know a guy with deep pockets who spent $50.000 having his 1960 bugeye
sprite restored by a shop in Toronto, (the poor guy didn't even get a reach
around), beautiful looking car at first glance, Connelly leather seats and
dash, everything re-chromed, all stainless steel nuts and bolts thru out,
he will never get anywhere close to $50.000 if he ever decides to sell the
car.

Greg Higgins
63 sprite