[Spridgets] Barn finds!

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Barn finds!
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@att.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 21:56:01 -0800
Hi all,

I've known about several big sheds with a lot of dead American and some Brit
cars for a long time.  Got to see many as the barns were filling up.

Well, the car owner died just recently, leaving no will, and cars all over
several buildings!

I've known the landlord for years as he has a Morris and lots of really
interesting cars, like the "Atlantic".  Today I went to see them.

Saw most of them, about 65 cars, but another building holding 44 cars was
owned by another landlord.  Missed seeing them!  These are cars stored inside
of storage sheds, quonsets, and underneath some sheds.  Non are outside.

If you ever want to get revenge on someone renting to you, just leave all your
cars there with no known whereabouts of the titles when you die!!!  What a
mess!

The storage buildings are in Tangent, OR.  That's right by Corvallis.
Buildings are pretty secure, it's also nice if you get introduced to the dog
and don't look directly at him.  He accepts challenges!

The landlord said he'll give me a copy of the inventory and I'll post it on
line so you can see if there's anything of interest to you.  The assortment
runs from a Honda 600 up to an Imperial Sedan.  And that's pretty big!  There
are some Triumphs and big MG cars, including some Spridgets.

He's planning on auctioning all of them.  It seems that in Oregon a car
purchased at a legitamate auction gives you the right to a new title.  So
that's an easy fix for all the missing ones.  Bring your own tire pump, too!

Had a great ride down I-5 in my 948 powered Morris.  Keeps up with all the
trucks!  Got lots of smiles and thumbs up from folks as they passed by me.

Later, Paul A