[Spridgets] What Pressure Plate?

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] What Pressure Plate?
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:19:48 -0500
I tried to fit a new clutch pressure plate I got in a box of parts (purchased
from MiniMania 5 years ago by the PO) and discovered that it is the wrong plate
in the right box with original, correct invoice.  Either it was switched at
some point or, more likely, it was mis-boxed at the factory in the first
place.  It looks exactly like the stock 1275 pressure plate, but the disc is 7
1/4".  MiniMania says it does not look like anything they sell now, although
the 1098 had a 7 1/4" plate.  I have asked who the factory/supplier might be,
but have not yet gotten a response.

Stamped on the outside are "ENGLAND" and "TYPE 7 1/4 SD."  Inked on the outside
and very hard to read is something like "4LCFE020078 W45H100," although the
last 0 and any of the first six or so letters might be wrong.

I have pictures for anyone who can guess what it might be.  I can't even sell
it unless I can figure out what car it goes on.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY