Re: [Spridgets] Starters for 1275 and 1500

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Starters for 1275 and 1500
From: Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:44:53 -0500
Mark,

They use the same starter but the 1500 uses an adapter ring (spacer)
for the starter gear to be positioned correctly on the ring gear.  I
don't know if that will affect the fitment of the gear reduction
starter or not.......

The gear reduction starter contacts the ring gear from the opposite
side (compared to the original starter).  The original starter
contacts the ring gear from the back to the front and the gear
reduction starter contacts from the front to the back.  (That's why a
gear reduction starter seems to work better on a 1275  with a worn
ring gear :)

Kevin