Re: [Spridgets] 1975 Midget confusion

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1975 Midget confusion
From: "Adrian Jones" <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:02:42 -0500
Hi Jim,

I've a 1975 - it came with a manual choke.  1976 onwards, it was the
automatic choke.

I have found the Stromberg to be perfectly adequate (despite what everyone
else says) and the manual choke works a treat.

Gas mileage is a disappointment though (23 mpg).

Its my belief that none of the "pollution" equipment is necessary - except
for the valve cover pipe to the carb.  Don't remove that or your engine will
leak a lot of oil.  I t-boned in a small home-made plastic catch bottle to
catch any droplets of oil before they  get to the carb.  Works fine.

Can't help you on the electronic ignition - I put in the Pertronix years ago
and it has been 100% dependable.

I don't think the 1500 is as fast as the 1275 but I still love it.

Best of Luck,  Adrian