Re: [Spridgets] Car lift

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Car lift
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:58:09 -0700
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Frank <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the lifts that come up out of the
floor? There are a few of those at this shop too. Maybe, if I don't
have to dig down too far, just maybe.....

If I remember correctly from my service station days, you don't have
to drill to China but the floor around it has to be reinforced
concrete that is VERY thick to support it. Those lifts are also air
over hydraulic so you need a BIG compressor to push the hydraulic
fluid with enough pressure to lift the vehicle on the lift. They also
take a LOT of hydraulic fluid! After they are installed, you better
not have a leak under the concrete cause you're never going to get to
it...

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye