Re: [Spridgets] FW: US Today Poll on Gun Ownership (Kathryn Bales)

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: US Today Poll on Gun Ownership (Kathryn Bales)
From: "Norm 2Bs" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:01:55 -0500
Obviously the NRA got the vote out AGAIN.

Aren't more people killed by gunfire a month in the US than in the Iraq &
Afghanistan "wars?"  Yes.  I know.  Guns don't kill people.  People kill
people.  Only the criminals use guns to kill. Etc. But, where do they get
the guns?  From honest gun owners like us.  They steal them or buy them
illegally.  So, we ALL need to have guns to protect ourselves.  We've
actually had 2 cases in recent months in the Tampa area where legal gun
owners prevented crimes by shooting perps.  But, more fatal accidental
shootings have taken place here than that.  And, they murders with guns are
way beyond that.

Why does someone always have to bring up political stuff like this on a
car-list?  Don't we have enough to talk about with our LBCs?  Last I looked
we did.  Why not join a gun-lobby digest & spout off about this?  Doesn't
the NRA have a blog you can join?  Or are they too paranoid to allow that?
Or, do they require a "license" to blog on their site?  Opps!  There's that
"word."

Does the NSSF still exist?  Now there was a pro-gun org I could agree with.
That was back when I used my guns on a regular basis--for sport.  Now, my
sport is racing cars--Little British Cars.  And, can we stick to talking
about them here?

Norm

Nomex
On