Re: [Spridgets] Locost 7

To: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Locost 7
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:46:29 -0500
Rick,
Yes, sorta. Years ago I found a pdf file of the "cut list" in CAD
format for all the tubes that make the "book" Locost. Each CAD
drawing is for one tube. I built a 1/4 scale model to prove out the
CAD work - just to be sure the document was accurate. I have some
pics around here, but can't locate them just now. I'm just amazed at
how small the model is and then think how small the full size car is.
I believe the Lotus S3 - not the book model - used BMC components
throughout - engine to rear axle. I have seen a picture of one Locost
that used Spridget A arms, axles and I think lever shocks too.
Tim

At 09:55 PM 3/2/2010, HealeyRick wrote:
>Anyone built a Lotus 7 based on the "Build Your Own Sportscar for as Little as
>250 Pounds" book?  Looks like a fun project when I finally retire.  Frank
>could probably do it in a coupe of days.
>
>Rick

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/