Re: [Spridgets] Break-in

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Break-in
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:02:34 -0800 (PST)
Michael,
I guess it depends on which is the more expensive component and/or
which is easier to replace.  When I built my similar displacement Triumph
engine a few years back, the guys that ground the cam for me had very specific
instructions regarding break-in.  I've forgotten the exact details, but it was
something like 1,500 rpm for 15 minutes on initial start-up. May be a bit off
on the time, but remember the RPM. I would think that after you get the cam
happy with its new surroundings you can proceed with breaking in the rings and
everything else however you'd like.

But then again, I've never built a 1275
and don't know what cam you have and all that, so you should wait for more
solid advice from the rest of the list.

 - David Booker