[Spridgets] Clutch adjusting

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Clutch adjusting
From: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:02:46 -0800 (PST)
Does this sound right? I'm trying to set the slave adjustment on my clutch.

Setup: Datsun 5 speed. Rivergate conversion with oversize slave. New 1275 build.

With car fully off the ground, and the clutch rod at transmission fully
engaged, the left rear wheel rotates slowly when in tranny is in neutral. Car
easily slips into 1st, or 4th (the only two I tried), but the left rear wheel
spins much faster when in gear. I timidly rubbed a toe against the wheel trying
to slow it down (when in gear) and I think I slowed it some. But I couldn't see
the other wheel to see if it picked up speed. It seems the right rear just sits
still through this whole process.

Any advice?

Joe Lansing.
Fruita, USA. Home of the 4 year retro mod.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums