[Spridgets] No LBC - Chevrolet electrical question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC - Chevrolet electrical question
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:01:09 -0700
We had a really hard storm last evening with thunder, hail,
lightening, etc. It is about the lightening that I enquire... My 2000
Blazer was parked out front and sat fairly close to where a lightening
strike ocurred. It does not appear to have been hit, but, the
headlights came on by themselves!!! I thought that maybe they would go
off after a few minutes so I waited a while. Yes, it was still pouring
out and I really didn't wasnt to get drenched... After about 15
minutes the rain let up and I went out to check into it. I tried to
start the engine but it would fire and quit. The lights would not go
out either. I ended up disconnecting the battery.

The other weirdnesses are: there was a smell of some sort in the car
when I first got in (not really remeniscent of burned wiring but could
be?) and the radio was only making strange noises in a repetitive
pattern, no music regardless of button pushing. The car is a basic
model: V-6, stick with no extra power accessories. No windows, alarm
etc.

I checked the owner's manual and it seems to have some symptoms of the
anti-theft device being activated but it does not have a security
system with a key fob push buttom deal...

Any ideas? It has been raining all day so I haven't tried reconnecting
the battery yet.

TIA for any guidance,
--
Kent