Re: [Spridgets] Paul A.

To: J Asgeirsson <jasgeirsson@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Paul A.
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:16:05 -0700
Thanks for the message Joey,

I think that the two weeks you have mentioned are going to be a constraint
but not one that will be impossible.
Personally I have the weekend of the 27th and 28th free, but the rest of
that time I will be required at work.
If it's just me by myself or if anyone can join me I can be there over that
weekend.
I have friends in Vancouver who I can visit and most likely can stay
overnight in a nearby motel.

If that weekend works for you then I'm all yours, at the very least I can
most likely point out the difference between scrap and not.

Also if a weekend later in April becomes a possibility then I could do that
too.

I'm copying this to some of the group so everyone who can come will know
about it, maybe we can do a carpool.
If any of you guys know of someone else who should know then please forward
to them.

N.O.S.H.I.T. guys - can any of you go the weekend of March 27 - 28?

Rick Bastedo

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM, J Asgeirsson
<jasgeirsson@comcast.net>wrote:

>  Hi Rick,
>
> Thank you very much for your email and offer of help.  It makes me feel
> great to see how many people care so much about my Dad.  I know when he
> started all of this, he just wanted to work on the cars he loved, he never
> expected to have such an impact on so many people.
>
> Our goal is the same as yours, my Dad needs as much money as possible right
> now.  As you can imagine, the medical bills are starting to add up, so the
> more parts, cars, kits, etc. that we can sell the better off he will be.
>   My Dad has a very small amount of savings, and after a month of trying to
> figure things out, weve realized that his Morriservice business and home
> are really his only assets.  To help him meet his current and future
> obligations, we spoke with my Dad earlier this week and collectively
decided
> that it is time to sell these assets.  My brother and I will be in Portland
> from Tuesday, March 23rd through Monday April 6th., to start that process.
>   Also, at the end of April, my wife (Janene) and I will be moving my Dad
> out to live with us in the Boston area, until we get a sense of his
recovery
> and whether or not he will once again be able to live on his own.
>
> I have been receiving emails for the past few weeks from customers who have
> active orders and some from folks for whom my Dad still has some parts.  I
> will certainly need help identifying those.  If any of you guys are
> available during the time noted above to help out with this process, that
> would be fantastic.  Please let me know what day you have in mind.
>  Regarding the sale of his Morriservice business, we have had two inquiries
> from people interested in buying the business, so taking a inventory of
what
> is in my Dads shop is going to need to be done.  I will have a tough time
> telling the difference between something of value and something that is
> headed for the scrap heap.  So, again, any help you and your group are able
> to provide is much appreciated.
>
> If you would like to reach me before or during my trip, my cell is
> 508-631-3092.  Thanks again for all of your help and support of my Dad.
>
> -- Joey

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive