Re: [Spridgets] Distributor -

To: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Distributor -
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:28:38 -0400
Martyn Ridley wrote:
> OK guys, I have Spark and wet (gas) plugs but no joy.  Had the dizzy
> out to check the points.  Is it possible to re-insert 180 deg. from
> correct?

Not really, it will almost fit at 180 out but it will not slip fully
home in the clamp.
It will fully slip home in the correct position.
As a rule, I look at the rotor before I pull a dizzy and remember it's
position.
So if it is not fully seated down in the clamp, it can be 180 out.
I always manage to put the drive gear in the block 180 out thus making
the dizzy fully clamped but 180 out.
You will know this right away with the loud BANG when trying to start it.
Did you hook up the low tension lead to the dizzy?
I have forgotten that wire more than I care to tell.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html