Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Honda Dealer Service Ripoff

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Honda Dealer Service Ripoff
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

 I really do not agree with you completely.
I think it where people shop - They do not research to find the right shop.
There are people out there that give great service - some are on this list.
I have bought & had parts rebuilt buy a few of them - great price - excellent
work.
I have always been happy with the service by Bill @ Min Comp racing services.
True - He is not cheap - Bill charges standard shop rates for the area.
I do not remember what it is now - every one charges 80 -100 $ an Hour shop
rates.
The best thing is i know it was done right - He has even done a few things
extra.
Like replace the spring on clutch return that had broken - re-tune the carbs.
& other things.
He did it just because it needed to be done. - I asked what owed - nothing -

This is probably because i have spent money on my car at his shop for several
years.
Sure i could get the plugs on a tune up a few bucks cheaper then he sells
them.
I figure it is worth it - That way he will hopefully be there the next time i
need repairs.
The problem with most people is where they shop - a dearer never gives you a
deal.
They do not pay well so there good guys have a tendency to move to better
paying jobs.
A guy that has his own shop wants to keep customers coming back for more
repairs.
Then you still have to ask if they like to or have ever worked on that type
car.
Do not get me wrong there are a lot of bad small shops too. The good ones are
hard to find.
And then there is the very true saying.- you get what you pay for & parts are
not cheap.

Vigil