Re: [Spridgets] Heater Box Clips

To: David Riker <davriker@nwi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Heater Box Clips
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:41:15 -0700
Thank you. You'll probably get flamed for saying that, but it needs to be
said. I have a friend who brags that with his custom radiator, his engine
never runs over 140 degrees. Of course he blames poor parts quality when his
engines keep wearing out after 25K miles.
BZ
> People tend to freak out about the temperature they run their spridget at,
> and every so often this comes up.  Keep in mind that the optimum temperature
> is actually somewhere above 212 degrees, or 100 c.  The cooling system is
> pressurized, and anti-freeze/coolant is added to raise the boiling point
> sufficiently to make opperation at temperatures between 200 and 220
> possible.  What you need to avoid is temperatures above about 230 degrees,
> as this will prompt the radiator cap to release pressure.  Loss of coolant
> is a much bigger concern than the slightly elevated opperating temperatures.
>
> David R.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive