Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.

To: Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>, Kent McLean
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:34:46 -0700
I love the trash bag solution. In my youth, I once had a...how shall I put
it, this is embarrassing...I had this Renault Caravelle, and of course,
French wheels don't have holes in the center, except for the little threaded
one where the hubcap bolts on. That means you can't put them on a tire
mounting machine, unless you're in France. I had to hand mount tube type
Perelli Cinturatos with a long screw driver and a crowbar. I managed to
pinch holes in three out of four inner tubes. Eventually, a friend who had
motor cycles took pity and helped me remount the three with the patched
tubes. It was a horrible experience, especially since a Caravelle with
Cinturatos, a weber carb, Koni shocks, and an Abarth exhaust was still only
faster than very old VW's and other Renaults. I also have vivid memories of
risking my life wandering around in the middle of the road during rush hour,
trying to find whatever bits had just fallen off of the Renault. It was
especially amusing when there was lots of snow and slush for little parts to
get lost in. I'll never forgive the French for either that Renault or
Vietnam.
BZ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75