Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye

To: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1959 bugeye
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:16:39 +0100
Hi Dean,

Each to their own. <smile>   Mine was a daily drive and I enjoyed it as
such.  It is now in the process of having a new body and may not be a daily
drive afterwards but it is being rebuilt as such.

Whilst the motor is in someone's possession, it is theirs to do with as they
want, and they may not want a heritage item to be only used on sunny
weekends.  After my hood flew up and bent back over the screen I kept a
sponge in the car to clear away the pool on the drivers side floor when I
got to work and laughed with every one else when I was on my knees at the
side emptying it before the drain holes were drilled through the floor!

When I had a 6 hour drive twice a week to get to work I opted to use it
because of the fun, and freedom.  It never let me down, my feet got hot and
my hair blew away but the car was used.  When I retired, my present to
myself was the new body shell and the planned retirement was a lazy half and
half working on the house and in the garage.  The reality is a little
different <smile>  I'm working longer hours now than I ever did working for
someone else!

All the best

Guy R Day