Re: [Spridgets] Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to War We Go

To: assistance-dogs@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to War We Go
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:25:46 -0700 (PDT)
Here you go, Kate:
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusnvguidedoglaws.htm#s075
Woof!

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

--- On Sat, 4/17/10, Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net> wrote:

From: Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to War We Go
To: assistance-dogs@yahoogroups.com, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 1:56 PM

My Friday morning coffee buddy & I recently had to find a new restaurant for
our weekly gab fest. I immediately saw a sign on the door that reads "Seeing
Eye Dogs Only". Big red flag.

When we paid, I politely explained the laws to the manager, and he insists
that the Nevada Department of Health told him that Seeing Eye dogs are the
ONLY animals allowed in the restaurant.

I know that Nevada has wonderful laws to aid people who use service dogs, but
I have misplaced the web site since the great computer crash of 2009.

I intend to go back for dinner, accompanied by Bonnie, with the State laws in
my purse, and very politely see what happens. Bonnie has been so happy to go
back to work after her long layoff, that she does what I need her to before I
even ask her to, just like she did as a puppy. I think she was becoming
spoiled because she was always going with me, while all the other dogs stayed
home except for trips to the lake.

Kate & Bonnie
Elko, NV
Suggested annual donation  $12.75