Re: [Spridgets] Looking for Seattle Sprite shop... Is it time for a

To: "rbastedo@gmail.com" <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Looking for Seattle Sprite shop... Is it time for a
From: Chris Rae <Chris.Rae@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:01:18 +0000
Hi chaps - Bill turned up yesterday. Within about ten minutes he used his
masterful skill and expertise to determine that fuel was only going into one
of my carburettors. This, he told me, may well have accounted for a
considerable part of my car's poor performance. The fact that the vacuum
advance was attached to somewhere entirely different and that the fuel line
was routed over the exhaust were also things he regarded as significant.

Anyway, after a few hours of Bill doing stuff and me standing trying to take
notes and hold things for him, the car appears to have significantly more
power than my lawnmower. He told me we should drive it around a bit and then
he'd be willing to help poke it a bit more - I am only too happy to drive it
around, so the wife and I took it out for a late lunch. Below is my entrant
for "worst car picture ever".

[cid:image003.jpg@01CADFD1.2A6F5A20]

It's possible that Bill is trying to change his telephone number now, so I've
taken the precaution of hiring a private detective to maintain details on his
whereabouts.

I am determined to turn up to some Sprite-related things - I may well come
along to the "first Tuesday of the month" thing next month, although it
remains to be seen which car I'd be with. :)

Chris