Re: [Spridgets] Porsche 928 for sale Madison WI area

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Peter Caldwell" <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Porsche 928 for sale Madison WI area
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:29:26 -0400
Peter,
This is one of the finest GT cars ever built.  But, they are frightfully
expensive to fix, if the routine maintenance (also not cheap) hasn't been
done and done correctly.
Tell us more about the car.  Is it a 5 speed (most 928s, in this country,
seem to be automatics)?  What sort of shape is it in, overall?
I had actually contemplated buying one (but it would have to have been very
well maintained and in pristine condition) to use as a long distance tourer
for my wife and I, when I retire (well, SOMEDAY I'm gonna retire), but,
after discussing it with my wife, I decided to stick with 356s.  Wife:
"You'll NEVER be happy working on a modern car and the 356 is such a nice
car to travel in, anyway."
Thanks.
Bud Osbourne