Re: [Spridgets] NOSHIT 3, First Call

To: "Edward Perez" <eap2140@yahoo.com>, "Shop at \" Just Brits \""
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NOSHIT 3, First Call
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:45:35 +0100
Edward,

Pull the drive shaft and you'll have gearbox oil in a trail from home.  The
drive shaft holds the seal in place at the back of the gearbox.
If it is a wheel bearing that is going then towing really is as bad as
driving it - so towing it is a bit of a no-no.  Speed won't make too much
difference it is the rotation of the bearing that will chew it up.   Going
slower may simply mean when everything collapses you'll be able to stop
quicker!  If you could lift the bad axle on a towing dolly that would be
fine.
18 miles is around a 30-40min drive.  Will it last that long?

Best of luck,

Guy R Day