Re: [Spridgets] [9issa] [Fwd: Fw: Her last call was from her New

To: Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [9issa] [Fwd: Fw: Her last call was from her New
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:16:09 -0400
What the Hell was the motorcycle rider doing at 85 MPH?  If she pulled out
in front of him, it must have been on surface streets.  No-one pulls out at
90 degrees to traffic flow on the freeway where this speed is more common.
The motorcycle rider takes some responsibility in this crash.  It could have
happened to anyone pulling out on a public street if a maniac is doing 85
MPH in a 35, or even 50 MPH zone.  No-one would have had time to react.  I
am VERY careful driving my motorcycle on surface streets.  I don't speed and
I slow down at intersections even when I have the green light.  Cell phone
or not, this can happen to any motorcycle rider at any time.
Mike MacLean

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>  *Subject:* Fwd: Her last call was from her New Cellphone
>

>     ------------------------------
>
>         Sometimes only a picture can get our attention!
>

> Her last call was from a new cell phone...
>
> Do you see the motorcycle?
>

> [image: cid:1.2950053371@web59401.mail.ac4.yahoo.com]
>

> Now do you see it?
>
> [image: cid:2.2950053372@web59401.mail.ac4.yahoo.com]
>

> [image: cid:3.2950053372@web59401.mail.ac4.yahoo.com]
>

> [image: cid:4.2950053372@web59401.mail.ac4.yahoo.com]
>

> The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately
> 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she
> pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the
> motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient
> enough to avoid this accident.
> The car had two passengers
> and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
> The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact
> and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
>
> All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were
> killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at
> the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..
> Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be
> new drivers, or new motorcycle owners
> AND ESPECIALLY EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CELL PHONE!!!!!
> A picture is worth a thousand words.
>
> Save a life
>
> Stop talking on Cell phones and Texting while  trying to drive.
> The life you save may be your own..... or mine...
>

> Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a CELL
> PHONE while driving

> inbox. Learn
more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL
:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>