Re: [Spridgets] Tach

To: Patrick Elliott <pelliott@innercite.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tach
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:37:45 -0400
On 6/17/2010 8:56 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> IS this the tach I want if I want to convert my 62 mechanical to an
> electric?

This one is negative ground and the face on the 62 has the screws in the
wrong spot but I have done it. Drill 2 tiny holes in the dial, swap the
guts to the 62 housing and the housing will need some minor mods to the
back so the plugs stick out.
If it has 3 terminals, it is a positive side of the coil hook up, 2 of
the terminals are plugs, 1 male, 1 female, that is the internal loop
from the key through the tack to the + on the coil.
Remember, it is negative ground.
The other spade terminal gets a green wire which you can jump off the
fuel gauge solid green terminal. (hot with key on)
Slip the guts of this new tach into your old housing, make the cut outs
in the housing, drill the dial for the 2 tiny screws that hold it to the
new guts, and you're set.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ