Re: [Spridgets] Another British Engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another British Engine
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:48:40 -0700
There's nothing intrinsically wrong w/ SUVs -- until people went all
Freudian with the size. We've got a 2001 Xterra. We liked the looks, it
would fit the bari sax and the telescope, and it was an SUV for people
who actually used them for sports. Mostly, it carries astronomy, SCUBA,
and surf gear (sometimes all three!).

It goes off-road avery so often, but not often enough to justify 4WD,
so, we got the 2WD version. That said, we can take it pretty much
anywhere we've wanted to go, with or without a road.

I'm sure there's a certain amount of self-selection, but most of the
people I know who own an SUV, use it for either cargo, or off-road.

I used the Xterra for my commute vehicle because I couldn't bend my
injured knee far enough to get into the Miata with the top down.
Fortunately, that's now been fixed, but my wife has the longer commute
so I don't get to drive the Miata as much.

On 6/19/2010 3:04 PM, bjshov8@tx.rr.com wrote:
> We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Midget, and my daily driver which is the
>CTS-V.
>
> My wife drives the Jeep and only does things like haul furniture, groceries,
>etc.  BUT we do take it offroad in Utah and Colorado.  We bought it
>specifically to take offroad, not because we think it will make us look cool
>while driving around.  I do not like it as a daily driver at all, which is why
>I have something different as a daily driver.
>
> And I dare say that 98% of the people that own SUV's do not take them any
>farther offroad than the average Midget owner takes his Midget.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums