[Spridgets] Vapor lock question

To: "'spridget'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Vapor lock question
From: "Chris Manuel" <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:23:53 -0500
Hi all-

I'm trying to determine if I was just on the edge of a vapor lock problem.

After driving about a half hour in 85 degree high humidity stop and go
traffic, I felt the car stumble hard upon acceleration.

1275, good gas, no backfiring or spitting.  Electric pump 300 miles old I
figure along with cap and wires.  Gas cap is OK but I know it's a little
loose so no vacuum problems there

Shut the car down for about 5 minutes with hood up and all was well after
that. (checked vital fluids, etc to make sure)
Heat shield is in place, manifold to exhaust gasket doughnut is good and not
spewing out the edges.  Anything more I can isolate and insulate?

Ran great after that.  15 miles on the interstate home was actually
enjoyable.

Thanks
Chris

1275 in a 66 MKIII