Re: [Spridgets] Coils

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Coils
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:12:10 -0500
Mike,

This is from an Alpha Romeo, Lancia site, but I think it is pretty
generic...

*http://tinyurl.com/66yx3b
*
According to this website 7, 8 & 9 ohms is like 1,000 orders of magnitude
too low...  Are you sure you are reading the right scale on the ohmeter?

Cheers!
Jim

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:

> I have a number of old coils in my BE kit.  The primary coils are all
> around 3.5+ ohms.  The secondary coils are 7+ and 8+, the one on my car is
> 9+ ohms.  The sockets on the old coils are corroded enough that contact
> could be their problem.  What numbers should I be looking for and why?
>
> Michael Rowe

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive