[Spridgets] I fixed it But?

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] I fixed it But?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 18:55:41 -0400
What was wrong?
73 Midget, stock. Friend's car that was running perfect last summer.
New gas tank. This year it would fire up, run for about 2 seconds and die.
I think fuel, carbs are clean, floats are set even though it has gross
jets, no leaks, and fuel in each bowl.
I replaced the plugs, they were fouled from him using the choke too
much. It fires and quits in a second or 2.
Check the points, clean them, they were set at .016 and new last summer.
This car gets very little use so I'm guessing at most 50 miles on the
new Moss points and condenser.
After an hour of "I don't know" I changed out the dizzy, now all is
fine. It runs like a raped ape again.
So was it the moss sold made in India crap ignition parts that failed?
I have his old dizzy here and I will systematically replace the points,
then try it, the condenser, try it again, and the rotor and try it to
see just what failed.
I even tried the original dizzy after I swapped it out and got it
running good since the owner "messed" with the carbs. But no change,
there is something in the dizzy causing the car to be hard starting,
back firing, and cutting out after a couple of seconds.
Does anybody care to offer a clue as to what would cause this?
Points were not grounded out, clean and gaped perfect.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html