Re: [Spridgets] BE Fuel Pump

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Skip Jackson <jackson.skip@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] BE Fuel Pump
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
Skip,

I believe it depends on the brand of pump. They make both types.
 I have seen most in the back by the tank. Mine is located at the gas tank.
I read some where they were safer there because they cut off the fuel with the
key.
In case of fire or a busted line. My fuel line was moved farther from the
exhaust too.
You can put the filter any where - i have mine just before the carbs where it
is easy to see.
That way i know when to change it - i use the old VW clear plastic type..
I tried the chrome with glass tube type & replaced it twice because it was
leaking.
I have never had a problem with the plastic one and I paid around $3 for the
last one.
I change it because it was dirty - not because of any problems.

Vigil
So Cal