Re: [Spridgets] 222 and some spridget content

To: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 222 and some spridget content
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:59:02 -0500
Get a pry bar, and push your harmonic balancer all the way back off the
front crossmember. Now, have an assistant push the clutch pedal all the way
down, while you observe the balancer. You may have some movement there,
which "could" indicate that the engine has worn thrust washers, or worst
case scenario, dropped one. The 1500 is notorious for thrust washer
problems.